Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It all started.......

It was 2008 and I was 31 years old. My weight was slowly increasing each year. I was 336 pounds at my highest. I had done many diets and did well on them however, I also had Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome which made it hard to loose weight. I was at work one day complaining that I couldn't even run and play with my nephew who was 3 years old at the time. It was very disheartening for me because I didn't have children at the time and I loved being with my niece's and nephew and doing all the things that their parents won't let them do! That is an Aunt's job! I was encouraged by a physician friend of mine to check into gastric bypass and see if my insurance would cover it. Well it did and I did and so the journey began. My husband was very supportive during the entire journey. He went with me to the information session. I can still remember, as we were sitting there and finding our BMI on the paper that they had given us, I asked him, "does yours have a back sheet because I am not even on this page?" We laughed together and no there was not a back page. My BMI was around 56 at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment